tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bob Myers <...@nextfort.com>
Subject jvmRoute with multiple AJP Connectors for one Engine
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 00:08:29 GMT
I have more than one AJP connector for my Engine - one for HTTP, and one for HTTPS:

    <Connector executor="tomcatThreadPool" port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="443"
/>
    <Connector executor="tomcatThreadPool" port="8019" protocol="AJP/1.3" scheme="https"
secure="true" />

I had two workers, tomcat and tomcatssl, using the two different port numbers, one for Apache
HTTP and one for HTTPS connections. They use a common Engine and Executor thread pool.

So far, so good - until I tried to put in a second Tomcat server with load balancing. The
jvmRoute is supposed to match the worker name, but now I have 2 connectors for a single Engine!
The 2 workers can't have the same name, though they need to go to the same Engine.

It seems to me that something is wrong here - the jvmRoute needs to be set on the connector,
not on the Engine.

There seems to be no alternative to using 2 separate Engines and not just 2 Connectors, and
that also means separate Services, and a non-common Executor pool.

Is there any way around this? Why is the jvmRoute set on the Engine instead of the Connector?