tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pid *" <...@pidster.com>
Subject Re: Veritas Clustering for Tomcat
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 08:23:55 GMT
On 3 Dec 2012, at 06:53, "Sameera, Shaakunthala"
<shaakunthala@millenniumit.com> wrote:

> Hi Pid,
>
> Please see my responses in-line below.
>
> Thanks!
> -- Shaakunthala

actual requirement is to integrate JIRA with Veritas and run in high availability mode. And,
JIRA is only supported on Tomcat.

> An agent is a component which monitors the application and perform the failover whenever
a problem occurs.

>> As per the following page, currently there's no agent available.
>> https://sort.symantec.com/agents
>
> Symantec want me to accept some kind of license agreement before looking at their website,
which as I'm disinclined to use my time doing, I can't see what you're referring to.

> [Shaakunthala: ] Sorry about that. I found it on Wikipedia [ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veritas_Cluster_Server
].
> Veritas clustering agents are available for Apache, JBoss and few other open source software
as well. Wondering why there's no agent for Tomcat. Perhaps it's Symantec's job to develop
the agent?

Yup.
I have not heard of their solution before.

>> Are there any alternatives?
>
> Perhaps you could explain what it is, what you're trying to achieve, give us a bit of
context and then we can help.

> --
>
> [key:62590808]
>

> This e-mail transmission (inclusive of any attachments) is strictly confidential and
intended solely for the ordinary user of the e-mail address to which it was addressed. It
may contain legally privileged and/or CONFIDENTIAL information. The unauthorized use, disclosure,
distribution printing and/or copying of this e-mail or any information it contains is prohibited
and could, in certain circumstances, constitute an offence. If you have received this e-mail
in error or are not an intended recipient please inform the sender of the email and MillenniumIT
immediately by return e-mail or telephone (+94-11) 2416000. We advise that in keeping with
good computing practice, the recipient of this e-mail should ensure that it is virus free.
We do not accept responsibility for any virus that may be transferred by way of this e-mail.
E-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and unauthorized amendment, and
we do not accept liability for any such corruption, interception or amendment or any consequences
thereof.  www.millenniumit.com