tomcat-users mailing list archives

From vicky <vicky007aggar...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.0 - http client
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 19:12:40 GMT
Thanks guys for responding, from network side there are no issues infact as confirmed by our
Network team

I am accessing my application over http port, i seek your advise on tunning my http client
with respect to my tomcat

1>>We're using MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager, In this do you guys have any recommendation/best
practices for setting up the
parameters like maxHostConnections, maxTotalConnections,connection timeout w.r.t tomcat

To narrow down response time issue , i took couple of thread dumps ,related to it i have following
concerns
I am getting hard time in making sense out of thread dumps , please  shed some light on my
below queries , Any weblink will be a great help :-

2>> There were many http threads were in waiting state, is it bad ??

3>> In thread dumps there are many types of thread like http ,TP,scheduler etc
        a) when request is received by tomcat which type of thread will handle the
request. ??
         b) does there is a different thread type in case we're forwarding a request
from apache to Tomcat over AJP port ??
         c) In case if slow response respone from an application , what ideally we
should look in thread dumps??.Does
             we should focus on the no. of  HTTP idle threads or scheduler threads
or something else. ??

Thanks for your help & Time
Vicky