tomcat-users mailing list archives

From vicky <>
Subject Re: PSI-PROBE query
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 17:24:36 GMT
You was right as usual :)
A lot of  "to & fro " requests are happening from my browser to the Probe application
which looks like the Ajax calls &
because of that the request count value for my "http-8080 " connector
is keep on increasing even when nobody is accessing it.This all i came to know
after installing  "TAMPER-DATA" which is a firefox extension (for request logging).Thanks
for making me aware about this
I am accessing the PSI-PROBE application over HTTP port  eg:- http://localhost:8080/probe/connectors.htm
Now my question is that how we can monitor the request counts which all coming to my
HTTP connector specifically for my application. ???
Is there a way by which i can configure two HTTP connector's one for PROBE application &
one for my own application.???
or do you have any better solution . Please suggest

 From: Christopher Schultz <>
To: Tomcat Users List <>
Sent: Monday, 10 December 2012 8:13 PM
Subject: Re: PSI-PROBE query

On 12/9/12 1:56 PM, vicky wrote:
> Yes Chris, i am pretty sure that nobody is accessing the
> application.
> The moment i start my Tomcat the "Request Count " reaches values
> of 400+ within few seconds, this value is getting incremented by 6
> everytime (eg: 6,12,18,24,30)
> Whereas my AJP Connector "Request Count"  is showing the correct
> numbers depending  on the requests which all are redirected from
> APache.

Let me guess: you are accessing PsiProbe via HTTP from your web
browser. Every request you make to get a page probably has some other
dependencies (images, stylesheets, etc.). Try enabling your
request-logger on the client (Firefox and Chrome have these built-into
the browser) and look at the traffic.

I'll bet you are being scared of your own shadow.

> As of now i have not configured the "AccessLogValve" , but will
> try out this option definitely

You must configure this in order to figure out what is happening.

- -chris
Version: GnuPG/MacGPG2 v2.0.17 (Darwin)
Comment: GPGTools -
Comment: Using GnuPG with undefined -