tomcat-users mailing list archives

From vicky <vicky007aggar...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Tomcat 6.0 CLASSPATH query
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 16:48:17 GMT
Hi Guys,

I have a requirement in which i need to add couple of properties files to tomcat CLASSPATH
as these are needed for my application deployed in Tomcat 6.0.

One strange thing is that, i need to add the all my properties files to "<CATALINA_BASE>/bin"
directory else these all wont get added to Tomcat classpath.

I just want to confirm that is it by design that if i want to add any properties file to Tomcat
CLASSPATH then adding files to " <CATALINA_BASE>/bin " directory
is the solution we have or something else we can also do ??? Please suggest

Why cant we add files to " <CATALINA_BASE>/conf" directory so that it get added to tomcat
CLASSPATH

Thanks
Vicky