tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Rosenberg ...@tabbysplace.org>
Subject Re: Confused: IllegalStateException
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2012 19:00:14 GMT
Dan,

Thanks for the reply.  See comment embedded below.

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Daniel Mikusa <dmikusa@vmware.com> wrote:
> On Nov 2, 2012, at 3:10 PM, Jonathan Rosenberg wrote:

>>> How are you deploying the  application?  What are the exact steps that you are
taking?

>> I am using Tomcat's WAR upload and deploy (i.e., through manager app).
>
> Thought as much, thanks for confirming.

> Based on this, it would seem that you have the MySQL driver bundled with the application.
 You might want to try moving this to the shared class loader (i.e. the "lib" folder).  I
think that might clear up the message.
e eventual following stack trace is caused by an error thrown for
debugging purposes as well as to attempt to terminate the thread which
caused the illegal access,"

I ended up restarting Tomcat, cleaning the app directory & rebuilding
the app.  Worked fine after that.