tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Konstantin Kolinko <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem WAR-file-deployment tomcat 6.0.36
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 08:16:17 GMT
2012/11/8 Meik Suchlich <Meik.Suchlich@brandad-systems.de>:
> Hi,
>
> I just changed the tomcat from 6.0.35 to 6.0.36, by simply changing the symlink from
the apache-6.0.35 to the apache 6.0.36-folder and cleaning work-directory.
> After that the deployment of warfiles fails with following Exception:
>
> Nov 08, 2012 6:38:50 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig init
> SEVERE: Exception fixing docBase for context [/testapp]
> java.io.IOException: Unable to create the directory [/data/tomcat/webapps/testapp/WEB-INF/web.xml]
>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.ExpandWar.expand(ExpandWar.java:168)

It sounds as if your war file contains a directory "web.xml/" as well
as a web.xml file. You cannot create a directory when a file with the
same name already exists.

You can use "jar -t" to list the files contained in your archive.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko