tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Altmeier, Christian" <Christian.Altme...@softwareag.com>
Subject AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: tomcat 6.0.32 stops expiring sessions
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 06:28:03 GMT
Hey chris,
do you have a guideline how to get the thread dump?
We don't host tomcat by our self. It's a customer system.

Yes I use the manager app to see the sessions.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Christopher Schultz [mailto:chris@christopherschultz.net]
Gesendet: Montag, 5. November 2012 20:51
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: tomcat 6.0.32 stops expiring sessions

* PGP Signed by an unknown key

Christian,

On 11/5/12 10:48 AM, Altmeier, Christian wrote:
> I don't think so ... but I can't exclude it. The problem is, that
> everything works fine and then suddenly all session, which are not
> closes by the browser, stay open. Have you an idea how I can see, if
> there are any references?

Are you obtaining the list of sessions from Tomcat's manager app or some other way?

Did you take markt's advice to take a thread dump to see if the background thread is stuck
on something? Just post the current stack trace of the background thread (it's called "ContainerBackgroundProcessor"
with some other stuff tacked onto the end).

What happens if you request explicit expiration of sessions?

-chris

* Unknown Key
* 0xF2EFD0F0(L)