tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Altmeier, Christian" <Christian.Altme...@softwareag.com>
Subject AW: tomcat 6.0.32 stops expiring sessions
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 09:40:31 GMT
No that's OK, I don't mean the time a user stays inactive for some minutes.
The session timeout is set to 66 minutes.
I have sessions which are inactive for 70 hours ...

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Igor Cicimov [mailto:icicimov@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 5. November 2012 10:26
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: Re: tomcat 6.0.32 stops expiring sessions

On 05/11/2012 6:50 PM, "Altmeier, Christian" < Christian.Altmeier@softwareag.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a big problem. After some time, tomcat stops expiring sessions.
> We have enabled logging for org.apache.catalina.session.ManagerBase.
> So
we see that at first everything works fine and suddenly sessions didn't expire anymore.
> Before tomcat stops expiring sessions, it is noticeable that some
sessions need a lot of time to expire (10 - 30 minutes). In this time, other session expire
as expected.

Isnt that what you would expect if some users stay active for longer? Have you confirmed that
the long lasting sessions are idle? I think default session timeout in tomcat is 30 minutes
so are you saying you have changed that to a lower value but its not working?

> I hope someone has an idea.
>
> Tomcat runs  on a 64bit Linux server.
>
> Greeting
> IDS Scheer Consulting GmbH
> Gesch?ftsf?hrer/Managing Directors: Michael Rehm, Ivo Totev
> Sitz/Registered office: Altenkesseler Stra?e 17, 66115 Saarbr?cken,
Germany - Registergericht/Commercial register: Saarbr?cken HRB 19681
> http://www.ids-scheer-consulting.com

IDS Scheer Consulting GmbH
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Michael Rehm, Ivo Totev
register: Saarbrücken HRB 19681
http://www.ids-scheer-consulting.com