tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Meik Suchlich <Meik.Suchl...@brandad-systems.de>
Subject AW: Problem WAR-file-deployment tomcat 6.0.36
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 08:22:09 GMT
Hi,

that seems to be the cause. I check, why there is this empty folder which should not be created.
But it works with tomcat-6.0.35. Why does this error not occur in the previous Version.
Is it because of the bugfix ?

Thanks,
 Meik

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Konstantin Kolinko [mailto:knst.kolinko@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 8. November 2012 09:16
An: Tomcat Users List
Betreff: Re: Problem WAR-file-deployment tomcat 6.0.36

2012/11/8 Meik Suchlich <Meik.Suchlich@brandad-systems.de>:
> Hi,
>
> I just changed the tomcat from 6.0.35 to 6.0.36, by simply changing the symlink from
the apache-6.0.35 to the apache 6.0.36-folder and cleaning work-directory.
> After that the deployment of warfiles fails with following Exception:
>
> Nov 08, 2012 6:38:50 AM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig init
> SEVERE: Exception fixing docBase for context [/testapp]
> java.io.IOException: Unable to create the directory [/data/tomcat/webapps/testapp/WEB-INF/web.xml]
>        at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.ExpandWar.expand(ExpandWar.java:168)

It sounds as if your war file contains a directory "web.xml/" as well as a web.xml file. You
cannot create a directory when a file with the same name already exists.

You can use "jar -t" to list the files contained in your archive.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko