tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Https connection not working from specific static public IP Address
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 08:38:11 GMT
Anuroop wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am facing issue with connecting to https from my ISP provided particular
> static public IP address.
>

> Problem.
>
> I have website online where I have hosted my application. Whenever I am
> trying to connect from office lease line connection where I have static IP
> address is configured in my router it gives timeout error for HTTPS in my
> browser and HTTP works fine.
>

> However it works fine from my other broadband connection (Dynamic IP address
> assigned). Hence I am not sure it is a problem with my IP address or tomcat
> configuration issue.
>

> Observation:
>
> It was working fine from last 1 year, suddenly its stopped working for my
> lease line connection. I logged this compliant to my ISP and changed my
> public IP address, hence its started working fine from 5 to 6 days and again
> its stopped working, I use HTTPS it gives time out.
>

> I checked with both the end (Hosting server and my ISP provider) and got
> confirmation that IP is not blocked from both ends. However the HTTP is
> working fine.

That sounds like something is blocking outgoing HTTPS connections from your office.
Do you know another website using HTTPS, that you can compare ?

This link connects to a website which redirects you to a HTTPS connection.
Try it out : http://www.cam.es
(redirects to https://www.cam.es/es/Paginas/inicio.aspx)

> I have doubt it is a problem with Tomcat  Maxthread  configuration.

If you can connect to Tomcat via HTTPS using another connection, then it is probably not a

Tomcat configuration issue.