tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: tomcat-native 1.1.24
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 08:31:43 GMT
Hi.

Isaac López Marín wrote:
>> We kind of guessed as much, considering the sender and the signature. :-)
>>

> I'll try not to be so newbie next time :))
>
>> I don't know anything about Mac OS, but I would guess that the question
> is : *where and how* did you install tomcat-native-1.1.24-src.tar.gz ?
>
> Well, I installed it using the install.sh file and creating a symbolic link
> to /usr/lib/java
> I mean, I didn't get errors during the process and the server found the
> correct path for tomcat-native.
>
> I think it's a little hard to describe the problem, because I blocked when
> I saw that the native version installed is different from the downloaded
> version:
>
> (from install log)
> --->  Fetching distfiles for tomcat-native
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for tomcat-native
> --->  Extracting tomcat-native
> --->  Configuring tomcat-native
> --->  Building tomcat-native
> --->  Staging tomcat-native into destroot

> --->  Installing tomcat-native @1.1.22_0
> --->  Activating tomcat-native @1.1.22_0

that is indeed quite strange...

> and the downloaded version is:
>
> Source (please choose the correct format for your platform)

considering this ...

>    - Native 1.1.24 Source Release tar.gz
> <http://ftp.udc.es/apache//tomcat/tomcat-connectors/native/1.1.24/source/tomcat-native-1.1.24-src.tar.gz>(e.g.
>    Unix, Linux, Mac OS)

Maybe you should download this again from the original source (the "home" Tomcat website
tomcat.apache.org ) ?

> I don't know how to describe the problem in another way.....

That was good enough.
Again, I don't know the details, but it seems strange that the names of the files do not
match the version that the install script says it is installing.