tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling requests when under load - ACCEPT and RST vs non-ACCEPT
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 22:37:02 GMT
On 11/12/2012 10:47 PM, Terence M. Bandoian wrote:
> On 11/9/2012 1:41 PM, Christopher Schultz wrote:
>> Closing the listening socket, as you seem to be now suggesting, is
>> >a very poor idea indeed: what happens if some other process grabs
>> >the port in the meantime: what is Tomcat supposed to do then?
>
> I haven't been following this thread closely enough to comment on the
> proposed solution but isn't preventing unintended usage of a port a
> systems administration problem?  What happens when Tomcat is restarted?
Exactly.. also if a node is to restart say on a cloud infra after a
crash etc.. and if two processes are to fight for the same port - it
would be quite unpredictable.. I wonder if there are any real users who
let this happen on a production environment as described on this list

regards
asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera