tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fred Toth <ft...@synernet.com>
Subject Re: Mystery migrating from tomcat 6 to 7
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 21:08:20 GMT
Hello again,

I've found my problem, sort of.

In this particular application, ever since tomcat 5, we've been
remapping the DefaultServlet url-pattern. Works fine in 5 and 6, but not
in 7. Which means I've got another problem, but at least I know why the
app fails to run.

Here's the problem bit from my web.xml:

     <servlet-mapping>
         <servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
         <url-pattern>/default/*</url-pattern>
     </servlet-mapping>

The idea here is to be able to do access control at the struts level,
but then to be able to forward to DefaultServlet so that it can do what
it does best (like serving PDFs, for example). I'm not sure why having
this setup in tomcat 7 causes my app to fail completely, but taking this
out cures the core problem. URLs start working properly, but now I have
access control problems that were solved by the above.

Could be the topic of another thread after I dig some more.

Thanks,

Fred