tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Terence M. Bandoian" <>
Subject Re: Handling requests when under load - ACCEPT and RST vs non-ACCEPT
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 17:17:13 GMT
> Closing the listening socket, as you seem to be now suggesting, is
> >a very poor idea indeed: what happens if some other process grabs
> >the port in the meantime: what is Tomcat supposed to do then?

I haven't been following this thread closely enough to comment on the
proposed solution but isn't preventing unintended usage of a port a
systems administration problem?  What happens when Tomcat is restarted?

-Terence Bandoian

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message