tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling requests when under load - ACCEPT and RST vs non-ACCEPT
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 07:38:16 GMT
On 07/11/2012 08:13, Asankha C. Perera wrote:
> On 11/07/2012 11:55 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:

>>> With which version of Tomcat?
>> And which connector implentation?
> Tomcat 7.0.29 and possibly 7.0.32 too, but I believe its common to all
> versions
>
> Connector config was already shared
> http://tomcat.10.n6.nabble.com/Handling-requests-when-under-load-ACCEPT-and-RST-vs-non-ACCEPT-tt4988693.html#a4988712

It appears you are trying to use maxThreads to limit the number of
connections. That won't work.

maxThreads limits the number of concurrent threads available for
processing requests. "connection" != "concurrent request", primarily
because of HTTP keep-alive.

maxConnections can be used to limit the number of connections.

If you set maxConnections to your desired value and repeat your tests
you will hopefully see different results. Depending on exactly how the
load test is designed, acceptCount may still influence the results. I
would be worth experimenting with different values for that as well (I'd
suggest 100, 1 and 0).

Mark