tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [OT] mod_jk and mod_rewrite
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 09:35:52 GMT
Pete Storey wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for the various timely emails - I am in Australia hence I am in
> front of you time wise!
>
> What I didn't see was any actual answer to the question though - just
> queried the email list for this thread and this was the first reply I got!
>  Could you resend your actual answer?

Hi.
You must have changed something,since now your message is timed 08:48, and for me (in
Europe) it is now 10:29.  Or else our quantum effect time-tunnel is rearing its head again.

My original answer was :

quote

A side suggestion : in one of the on-line documentation pages reative to the mod_jk
configuration, at the very bottom of the page, it shows another "configuration style" :
instead of using JkMount/JkUnmount, you use an Apache <Location> (or <LocationMatch>)

section, with a line :

SetHandler jakarta-servlet

This does not really change anything in terms of how it works deep down, but it makes it
much clearer (in my view) how the order of precedence is determined at the Apache level.
The "SetHandler" directive indicates what the "Apache response handler" is, and this fits

better in the global Apache request/response cycle, allowing one to figure out which thing

runs before/after what.

unquote

The JkMount/JkUnmount pair is (as you have found out) somewhat mysterious in terms of the

exact point at which it inserts itself in the Apache request processing cycle.

I haven't gone back (or forward?) to your first post, to check if you are using
VirtualHosts, but maybe as another line of enquiry : JkMount/JkUnMount have peculiar rules

as to how they are/are not carried over from the "main" Apache configuration, to
VirtualHosts.  See the explanation of "JkMountCopy" for mor details.