tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling requests when under load - ACCEPT and RST vs non-ACCEPT
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 13:36:56 GMT
Hi Chris / Mark
>> Or you could just read the configuration documentation for the
>> connector. Hint: acceptCount - and it has been there since at
>> least Tomcat 4.
The acceptCount WAS being used, but was not being honored as an end user
would expect in reality (See the configurations I've shared at the start)
> If HttpComponents works as the OP expects, I wonder if he'd be willing
> to give us the configuration he uses for *that*? Perhaps there is some
> kind of TCP option that HttpComponents is using that Tomcat does not.
Whats done by HttpComponents is essentially turn off interest in
SelectionKey.OP_ACCEPT [1] if I remember [2]. Check the code of the
DefaultListeningIOReactor.pause() and resume() [3]

regards
asankha

[1]
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/nio/channels/SelectionKey.html#OP_ACCEPT