tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Eggers <its_toas...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 6.O ajp thread issue
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 08:31:52 GMT
On 11/5/2012 12:22 AM, vicky007aggarwal@yahoo.co.in wrote:

> Thanks Mark,
>
> I have following configuration, is there anything else do i need
> configure ..please suggest ..as i am still able to see ajp port in
> Probe application with default thread count.
>

> <Executor name="abc" namePrefix="catalina-exec-" maxThreads="150"
> minSpareThreads="40" / >
>
> <Connector port="1080" protocol="AJP/1.3" redirectPort="8443"
> executor="abc"/>
>
> Thanks, Vicky
>

> On Nov 5, 2012, at 1:27 PM, Mark Eggers <its_toasted@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 11/4/2012 11:18 PM, vicky007aggarwal@yahoo.co.in wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I have defined one executor tag in server.xml , which i am
>>> referring for both protocols i.e http & Ajp.
>>>
>>> Strange thing is when i am checking the "MaxThreadsCount" for
>>> ajp protocol using Probe application its not showing the value
>>> configured in executor instead ajp protocol is still showing the
>>>  default value of 200 corresponding to MaxThreads attribute.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts on this behavior ??
>>>
>>> Thanks, Vicky
>>
>> If you have the connector configured correctly, the ajp-xxxx (where
>> xxxx is the port) will not show up in the Thread Pool section of
>> the probe application. You should only see the Executor thread
>> pool.
>>
>> At least this is what I saw on my quick test running Tomcat 6.0.35
>>  on Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with JRE 1.7.0_09. . . .
>>
>> (I'll upgrade to 6.0.36 now that my test and production platforms
>> are upgraded.)
>>
>> . . . . just my two cents. /mde/

This is mine, and it worked fine:

<Executor name="tomcatThreadPool" namePrefix="catalina-exec-"
           maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="4"/>

<Connector port="8009"
            executor="tomcatThreadPool"
            protocol="AJP/1.3"
            URIEncoding="UTF-8"
            redirectPort="8443"/>

I didn't actually connect to an Apache server, but I would still see a
thread pool if one existed. I do when I use the Connector-based
configuration, and only see the Executor thread pool when using the
Executor configuration.

Make sure you're using the server.xml that you think you are. Last time
I think you were still using the Connector-based server.xml.

. . . . just my two cents
/mde/