tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fred Toth <>
Subject Mystery migrating from tomcat 6 to 7
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 19:27:17 GMT

I've got a struts2/spring app that's been running under tomcat 6 with no

I migrated it to 7 and I've hit a strange brick wall. On startup, the
logs show the app deploying, absolutely normally with no errors at all.

However, when I try to hit any URL within the app's context, I get "not
found (404)". Absolutely nothing in the logs.

I'm deploying by creating "data.xml" in conf/Catalina/localhost (in both
6 an 7). The app itself is an expanded application on the file system
(i.e. not a .war file).

Thus, the URLs should be "/data/whatever", but somehow it appears that
though the app deployed, the context is somehow wrong or broken.

Also, the manager app lists the application normally, shows it as
running, shows it at the correct context, etc.

Anybody seen this? For reference, here's the content of data.xml, pretty

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Context docBase="/mnt/data_arch/DATA"

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: