tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Asankha C. Perera" <asan...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling requests when under load - ACCEPT and RST vs non-ACCEPT
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 07:38:25 GMT
Hi Chris

I was connecting locally to the same node over the local interface on
both EC2 and locally.

Since this went unresolved for sometime now for me, I investigated this
a bit myself, first looking at the Coyote source code, and then
experimenting with plain Java sockets. It seems like the issue is not
really Tomcat resetting connections by itself, but rather; letting the
underlying OS do it. It seems like it could be a but difficult to
prevent this with blocking sockets, but I hope what I've found
investigating this issue will help others in future

http://esbmagic.blogspot.com/2012/10/does-tomcat-bite-more-than-it-can-chew.html

regards
asankha

--