tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling requests when under load - ACCEPT and RST vs non-ACCEPT
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 01:02:32 GMT
"Asankha C. Perera" <asankha@apache.org> wrote:

>I do not understand the negativity here..

You are trying to solve a problem no-one here recognises.

You are ignoring and/or dismissing people that ask difficult questions or point out flaws
in your proposal.

Your posts - this one in particular - come across as very arrogant and that never wins people
over.

> I was wondering if I should
>take this discussion to the dev@ list since I've already discussed it
>on
>user@.

Please don't. Rather than trying to bypass the users list because no-one supports your view,
you should be engaging with the list more and addressing the issues and questions raised.

This belongs on users until there is agreement that something needs to change. If that happens,
then the details of the how can be discussed on dev.

> I wish Tomcat had a Wiki

It does. I wish you'd bothered to look for it.

> or used JIRA where I could submit this
>as a proposal - maybe with a diagram/screen shots etc -

Jira is not a prerequisite for submitting an enhancement requst. All ASF bug trackers - including
the one Tomcat uses - support enhancement requests.

> and make end
>users vote for this across a few months - until we find that this
>solution has a value.

WTF? "Make end users vote"? Keep at this until everyone realises they were wrong and you were
right? Seriously? You really don't seem to understand how Apache works at all.

I did hope that some value could emerge from this thread such as a critique of my analysis
(that demonstrated that the proposed solution is pointless) where the critique identified
some scenarios where Tomcat could do better. However, as this thread continues and the probing
questions are ignored I am rapidly reaching the conclusion that continuing this discussion
is a waste of time. I hope your reply to this invalidates that conclusion.

Mark