tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <>
Subject Re: handling expired sessions in Tomcat
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 16:06:01 GMT

On Nov 5, 2012, at 10:24 AM, Miguel Gonzalez wrote:

>> Hard to say without more details.  Seeing the stack trace would be a good start.
> I attach a screenshot of one one of the stack traces we get

Please don't send stuff directly to people off the list.  This creates a gap in the email
trail and it makes it harder for others to follow.

The exception that you are seeing is a NullPointerException.  It's coming from what looks
to be a custom JSP page, "org.apache.jsp.pages.comun.error_jsp._jspService(".

This is just a guess because I haven't seen the JSP, but the JSP is probably accessing the
session.  Since the session has been expired, the JSP is going to get null, instead of a session
object.  You'll need to look at the JSP to know for sure though.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message