tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mikel Gonzalez Gainza <>
Subject Apache, Tomcat and Comet
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 20:15:44 GMT
Hi all!

First of all, thanks for reading :-) Let me describe you the problem I'm
having, but first let me show you the environment everything is running on:

Machine 1:
- Apache Tomcat 7.0.30,
- Linux Fedora, kernel
- Various web applications running under Tomcat, one of them being a COMET

Machine 2:
 - Apache Web Server
 - Windows
 - mod_jk connecting to Machine1's tomcat server

So. I know mod_jk is not compatible with comet and I've heard that my best
chance would be to use mod_proxy and mod_proxy_http instead. But! How would
that affect the rest of the applications? Is it smart changing from mod_jk
to mod_proxy when all other web applications run just fine? Is it possible
to use both at the same time? I dont think this one is possible since, even
though you can configure which URLs get redirected with mod_proxy, you'd
need different connectors in tomcat! Is that even possible?

Ideal thing would be to add mod_proxy (without removing mod_jk) so my Comet
application runs without problem, adding another connector for it and,
depending on which web application is accessed, use one connector or the
other. Is that possible? Sorry if these are silly questions but I'm not too
familiar with this kind of configuration.

Thanks again!!

Why is it that we rejoice at a birth and grieve at a funeral?  It is
because we
are not the person involved.