tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: jasper production config parameters
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 17:42:09 GMT
> From: Anthony J. Biacco [mailto:abiacco@formatdynamics.com]
> Subject: jasper production config parameters

> I would like to make the changes to my jasper config per
> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/jasper-howto.html#Production_Configuration

> My question is, am I required to do this in $CATALINA_BASE/conf/web.xml
> or can I make the change in ${webapp.path}/WEB-INF/web.xml?

Note the comments at the beginning of conf/web.xml:

  <!-- This document defines default values for *all* web applications      -->
  <!-- loaded into this instance of Tomcat.  As each application is         -->
  <!-- deployed, this file is processed, followed by the                    -->
  <!-- "/WEB-INF/web.xml" deployment descriptor from your own               -->
  <!-- applications.                                                        -->
  <!-- WARNING:  Do not configure application-specific resources here!      -->
  <!-- They should go in the "/WEB-INF/web.xml" file in your application.   -->

If your goal is to put the JSPs of all of your webapps into production mode (quite reasonable),
then change conf/web.xml.  If you want to experiment with just one webapp, add all the config
related to the JSP servlet to that webapp's WEB-INF/web.xml file.

 - Chuck