tomcat-users mailing list archives

From vicky007aggar...@yahoo.co.in
Subject Re: Max Threads - Worker Threads clarification
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 04:22:57 GMT
Christopher u r a GEM.

Thanks christopher for explaining the basics so passionately & nicely.

I have some more trivial questions pls share your brilliance on that as well & help many
more like me to learn the concepts ;-

In my environment i am using Apache 2.2 & Tomcat 6.0 version .

@ Both of these are multi-threaded right?
@ what does apache prefork means?
@ is there a way to check apache or tomcat is multi-threaded or only documentation is the
way out ?

At Apache level:-
MaxClients -  this is no. Of connections an apache can accept, so does this is for apache
as a whole or is it refers to each child process of apache?

@ so commection_pool_size doesnt need to be set if i want all my requests to be redirected
to tomcat in case of multithreaded apache . Default value is one . Right ?
Lc = number of connections each load balancer can handle
Tc = L * Lc
As per your above comment , can i consider Lc value as the Maxclients value ?

Thanks,
Vicky