tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Mikusa <dmik...@vmware.com>
Subject Re: Question on realm configuration in TC 6 / 7
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 12:33:21 GMT
On Sep 29, 2012, at 5:41 PM, Josh Gooding wrote:

> It seems that I have run into something that seems a bit strange.  I have
> configured 4 separate web applications to each have their own context.xml
> files.

There are multiple places where you can put context configuration.  Where did you configure
this?

  - conf/context.xml
  - META-INF/context.xml
  - conf/Catalina/localhost/<app-name>.xml
  - conf/server.xml

> I have also configured one of the web applications to have a
> realm.

Again, where did you configure this?  context.xml? server.xml?

A brief example of what you are doing would be helpful for us to understand the issue.  Include
your configuration, just remove any xml comments.

Dan