tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peloquin, Willie" <wpeloq...@drs-ts.com>
Subject Programatically Controlling Tomcat 7
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 14:01:48 GMT
Hello,

Sorry to disturb the list with this question, but I have been looking
for the answer online. I know that I can control the Tomcat Manager
using text or JMX.

http://10.60.28.90:8081/manager/text/list will provide me a list of web
services and some status.

I read the sections on JMX, but I do not have a clue on the operations.
To quote the Tomcat 7.0 documentation, "For you to really understand the
JMX Proxy Servlet, you should have a general understanding of JMX. If
you don't know what JMX is, then prepare to be confused."

My goal is to be able to start, stop and restart web services
programmatically. I know that I could send http packets in a stream to
the web server, but I feel that web sites are for user interaction. I
would like to have some type of API.

Thank you in advance for any advice and guidance. FWIW: I am a fairly
new JAVA developer, and I am even more of a novice with web services and
Tomcat.

Willie

NOTICE: This e-mail transmission (and/or the attachments accompanying it) may contain confidential
or proprietary information belonging to DRS Technologies or the sender. The information is
only for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in
reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. Any unauthorized interception
of this transmission is illegal under the law. If you have received this transmission in error,
please promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail, and then destroy all copies of the transmission.

"This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic
In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms
Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without
prior written approval from the U.S. Department of State."