tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: question about krb5.conf file
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 21:46:05 GMT
Hi.

Mead, Jen L wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get my AIX box configured to use Windows Authentication from the tomcat
server (web browser).   I have been relying on the example that is at http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-auth-howto.html#Tomcat_instance.
 Here is my question.  The example is using all windows and not unix, so I am not 100% sure
on my syntax AND I have two domains I am working with.  One for the tomcat server and one
for the windows domain controller.  The example shows them all on the same domain and I have
tried a few different configurations and they haven't worked.  So I am hoping to get an answer
here.

I am not sure, but I believe, that the SPNEGO authentication which is included in Tomcat
right now presupposes that the Tomcat host itself is a Windows machine, and member of the

Windows domain in which you want the authentication to take place (or probably at least a

trusted domain).

If that were the case, then you may be better off having a look at the other alternatives

indicated in that documentation page, or at Jespa (www.ioplex.com) which is a commercial
(but affordable) solution which works with whatever OS Tomcat is running under.

I can't figure out from the Waffle website if Waffle works on other than on Windows Tomcat

hosts either.