tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: asking advice for tomcat 7 config
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 12:54:45 GMT
Hi.

Romain Van der Keilen wrote:
> Hi there!
>
> Some news for you about my problem.
> I did all the modifications you suggested, it increased the response time a little bit
(2-3 seconds better on a 15 seconds scale). It was already good to take, and helped me to
create a healthy configuration.

As previously mentioned by Mark (who is one of the Tomcat developers), I was wrong and the

changes to timeouts and keepAlive that I recommended should not have made a difference,
considering that you are using the NIO connector in your configuration.
(My comments were only valid in the case of a BIO connector).

Yet you seem to indicate 2-3 s. improvement over 15 s., which is about 20%.
That is puzzling.
Are you sure, and can you reproduce this consistently ?