tomcat-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: HTTP Status 404 - /xmlui error
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 11:31:02 GMT
sharika menon wrote:
> I am not getting DSpace web-page.

Forgive my ignorance, but I have no idea what Dspace is.

 From the limited information you provide, it seems to be a Java web application, which
seems to normally respond to URLs like /xmlui and /jspui, and you seem to have had it
running before under Tomcat (version ?) under Windows 7.

This list strips most attachments, so your screenshot is not available.

An HTTP error 404 means "not found".

 From the message (from a Tomcat logfile ?) which you provide, it would seem that Tomcat
had some trouble deploying (starting) this application, which would explain the 404 error.

If you would like more specific help, you should supply more specific information.

For example, apart from the line
there should be more info in that logfile, no ?

Also, what did you do between the moment when it was running, and when it was not running

anymore ?  Usually, Tomcat webapps do not start "not working anymore" by themselves.