tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Lampert <jam...@touchtonecorp.com>
Subject Re: Not sure what to make of this, Re: bringing up HTTPS on Tomcat
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 16:28:58 GMT
Mark H. Wood wrote:
> I have no idea what DCM is or does.  Maybe it works with PKCS #12
> files, which can carry both parts in a single container.

That part isn't really relevant here (I hope), but to clarify:

DCM = Digital Certificate Manager. It's part of the IBM Midrange
operating system (i.e, "OS/400," "i5OS," or whatever they're calling it
this week). It uses an entirely different keystore format from that used
by Java and Keytool (and, by extension, Tomcat), and so far as I (and
the real IBM Midrange gurus on the various Midrange.com lists) can
determine, there's nothing currently available to convert a keystore
between the IBM-proprietary format and the Java format.

We've had more than one customer who screwed themselves out of a
certificate signing fee by failing to appreciate the distinction, even
though we do our best to warn them about it.

--
JHHL