tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Lampert <jam...@touchtonecorp.com>
Subject Not sure what to make of this, Re: bringing up HTTPS on Tomcat
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 18:49:45 GMT
We have a customer (who shall remain nameless), who had previously
ignored our instructions and used IBM DCM instead of Keytool to produce
a keystore, and had it signed, all the while blissfully ignorant of the
fact that none of it would be the least bit compatible with Tomcat.

I just got an email from that customer, with this puzzling phrase:

> Had to split it up into a .key and .crt file. This is the output.

which was followed by the output from a keytool -printcert on the .crt file.

The -printcert output looks sensible, with 9 "ObjectID" items in it. But
what do I make of their comment about having to "split it up"?

--
JHHL