tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "J.V." <jvsr...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat as a service question
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2012 23:58:56 GMT
I am attempting to create a windows service using apache commons-daemon
to create a service from a Java program I have written (a server).

I know that tomcat uses this lib and successfully, but I am having a
number of problem completing the task.  I have posted on commons-daemon
but no response, I believe that project is dead or not supported well.

I am asking for some help here or to be pointed to the tomcat code that
creates and starts tomcat as a service as an example.

I can install and uninstall the service just OK, but I cannot start it
either from the command line or through the service manager.

The error I am getting is:
   "The data area passed to a system call is too small."

There are no messages in any log file anywhere, so I have nothing to go
on.  I have checked all my parameters, and I have nothing too small,
nothing too large and nothing with special characters.

If there are any ideas, please let me know, Ideally I would like to get
this service installed and appear when I do:
     $net start            <= displays all services running

Thanks

J.V.