tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Anthony J. Biacco" <abia...@formatdynamics.com>
Subject jasper production config parameters
Date Fri, 12 Oct 2012 16:32:23 GMT
I would like to make the changes to my jasper config per
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/jasper-howto.html#Production_Con
figuration
I'm currently running 7.0.27

My question is, am I required to do this in $CATALINA_BASE/conf/web.xml
or can I make the change in ${webapp.path}/WEB-INF/web.xml?
If the latter, would my syntax be the same in that file, and apply to
all jsps for the webapp?
e.g.
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>development</param-name>
            <param-value>false</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>trimSpaces</param-name>
            <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>genStringAsCharArray</param-name>
            <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>
    </servlet>

Thanks,