tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Sending through WebSockets
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 20:29:35 GMT
Hi

I have a server with several websocket connections.
(Or at least I will have at some time, see thread about ssl problems...)

Now just as in the chat example, I need to send some data from time to time
so some (but not neccessarily all) of those connections.

Now, what happens if one of the clients stalls?

I suspect the server sending buffer will fill up and the server will
eventually block sending to that connection.

Is there a way to prevent this?
Can I detect if a sending buffer is full?
Can I set its size?
Can I register a notification to be notified when there is space in the
sending buffer?

Best regards,
  Steffen