tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <>
Subject Re: Offline generation of effective web.xml
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 11:55:48 GMT
Violeta Georgieva <> wrote:

>I do know that if I provide "logEffectiveWebXml=true" in my context.xml
>then the effective web.xml will be logged in the log files during
>application start.
>Is there a way (library etc.) that I can use to generated effective
>offline i.e. without starting the application.
>Thanks in advance.

No, although I am beginning to think about refactoring the web.xml scanning for 8.0.x for
other reasons but any such refactoring should make this trivial.

I haven't got much further than "it would be useful if..." so it may turn out to be impractical.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message