tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mikolaj Rydzewski <m...@ceti.pl>
Subject Re: Root context switching
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 13:51:08 GMT
On 04.09.2012 13:26, Dennie.nl wrote:

> Basic what I want is the same functionality which google apps
> provides. So
> I want to be able to have multiple versions of my application online,
> let
> people try the new environment and eventually switch the root context
> the new running version. This enables my clients to try out the new
> version
> and options before they switch over to the new environment and
> enables me
> to fix bugs found in the new release.

I don't know google apps. But for sure you can deploy many different
wars on the same Tomcat instance.
So you can have let's say host/app1, host/app2 URLs, or with virtual
hosts: host1/app, host2/app, etc.
With virtual hosts you can have multiple ROOT contexts as well.

Does it answer your question?

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <miki@ceti.pl>