tomcat-users mailing list archives

From jean-louis.ma...@bull.net
Subject Running Tomcat on different architecture machine but keeping the same catalina_base
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 09:12:54 GMT

Hi everybody,

by now, my tomcat (7.026) is running on a windows xp 32bits and separate locations for catalina_home
and catalina_base are used.

I would like to change mi machine: 64b instead of a 32b one
So I've re-installed a new tomcat 7.0.26 (the same installer - 32b/64b) on another machine
(windows 7) and i would like to re-use my previous catalina_base.

Before running tomcat (64b), I've cleaned the <work> directory in catalina_base;

Result: It doesn't work !  - I can't even access to the manager application
Symptom: the request is looping until time-out is reached

Any ideas on where should I look at ?

Regards

Jean-Louis Matéo