tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hedrick, Brooke - 43" <brooke.hedr...@rainhail.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat7 + WebSocket + mod_jk
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 21:08:11 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: sfwicket [mailto:lists@bgb.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:08 PM
To: users@tomcat.apache.org
Subject: Re: Tomcat7 + WebSocket + mod_jk

>So run a single instance of Tomcat on port 80 with no HAProxy or Apache and hit it directly
in production env sounds like the only answer? And subsequently all static content deployed
with that web >app will be served by Tomcat? With no load distribution between instances
using an LB? Looking for a better answer than deploying something to prod as if it was on
my desktop.

Google seems to think that HaProxy _may_ work:
http://jfarcand.wordpress.com/2011/10/06/configuring-haproxy-for-websocket/
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10896175/load-balance-websocket-connections-to-tornado-app-using-haproxy

Also, it looks like something like BigIp (if that is an option for you ) will support websockets:
 https://devcentral.f5.com/Community/GroupDetails/tabid/1082223/asg/38/aft/1180466/showtab/groupforums/Default.aspx

They have trial Virtual Edition.  I realized this isn't an Apache/OpenSource solution.