tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ray Collins <saintlaurenceinvestme...@gmail.com>
Subject Tomcat 7.0 and Runtime.getRuntime()
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 00:46:06 GMT
I am using Tomcat7.0.  The web application I created executes a script from
the command line using Runtime.getRuntime().  This script sends an http:
request to another server that is on the local network.  For Some
reason the script executes as if it has sent the http request but it really
has not.  Its like Tomcat is operating in a sandbox when it comes to
accessing this URL on my local network.  I am using Ubuntu Server 12.04
. If i run the script manually from the command line the script can access
the URL with no problem.   Why cant the script that tomcat has executed
access this resource.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ray