tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <>
Subject Re: Can't seem to get metadata-complete turned on
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 16:12:43 GMT
Apologies for the accidental use of HTML.

The problem below is triggered by the facts that:

a) spring-web contains a ServletContainerInitializer
b) even with metadata-complete, tomcat does annotation scanning once
it sees one of those
c) In my embedded environment, there's a lot of real estate to
potentially scan in the classpath.

Is (b) really correct?

Unfortunately, I need spring-web in order to get the log4j support,
even though I don't want any of that other stuff in there.

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Benson Margulies <> wrote:
> I'm using tomcat 7.0.29, embedded.
> My web.xml web-app element looks like:
> <web-app xmlns=""
>          xmlns:xsi=""
>          xsi:schemaLocation="
>          version="3.0"
>          metadata-complete="true"
>         >
> Yet, in ContextConfig.webConfig, isMetadataComplete() returns false, and
> annotation processing happens. And, to make my day, it runs out of memory.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message