tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <ben...@basistech.com>
Subject Re: Can't seem to get metadata-complete turned on
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 16:31:15 GMT
On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
> Benson Margulies <benson@basistech.com> wrote:
>
>>Apologies for the accidental use of HTML.
>>
>>The problem below is triggered by the facts that:
>>
>>a) spring-web contains a ServletContainerInitializer
>>b) even with metadata-complete, tomcat does annotation scanning once
>>it sees one of those
>
> Yes, this is a mandatory requirement of the servlet spec. Yes, it is a PITA. Your best
bet is to add the spring jar to jarsToSkip which should stop it being scanned for the SCI
in the first place. If you need features provided by the SCI, then you can add the other jars
to the skip list.

Mark, does the OOM suggest something worth trying to track down? I
gave it 0.5G of memory and it still filled it up whilst looking for
annotations. Making you a test case of this is not impossible but not
trivial.

Also, I was surprised to note that tomcat seems to do annotation
scanning even for a version 2.4 webapp, which has no metadata-complete
option in the schema.