tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <ben...@basistech.com>
Subject Re: Can't seem to get metadata-complete turned on
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 16:36:21 GMT
On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
> Benson Margulies <benson@basistech.com> wrote:
>
>>Apologies for the accidental use of HTML.
>>
>>The problem below is triggered by the facts that:
>>
>>a) spring-web contains a ServletContainerInitializer
>>b) even with metadata-complete, tomcat does annotation scanning once
>>it sees one of those
>
> Yes, this is a mandatory requirement of the servlet spec. Yes, it is a PITA. Your best
bet is to add the spring jar to jarsToSkip which should stop it being scanned for the SCI
in the first place. If you need features provided by the SCI, then you can add the other jars
to the skip list.

Mark, this leads me to a related question. If I'm launching tomcat
embedded, I have no catalina.properties, right? So I don't even have
the lengthy normal list of jarsToSkip. Would you recommend settings
that Tld-scan-limiting property by just calling System.setProperty for
my embedded application?