tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shanti Suresh <sha...@umich.edu>
Subject Tomcat HeapMemoryUsage MBean question
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 19:18:31 GMT
Greetings,

I would like to graph Tomcat's HeapMemoryUsage -> used mbean value for
trending.  I have installed Tomcat's manager application with a user
belonging only to the "manager-jmx" role.  I would like to use curl to get
the data.  I have a couple of questions:

(1) I don't seem to be able to assign an empty password or otherwise no
password to a user in "tomcat-users.xml".  Or could I?
(2) How do I get just the "used" value from the composite HeapMemoryUsage
mbean?  I guess I could subsequently search for pattern "used=".  But just
curious if I could get the value directly.  None of the following queries
worked:
https://localhost:8453/manager/jmxproxy?qry=java.lang:type=Memory/HeapMemoryUsage
https://localhost:8453/manager/jmxproxy?qry=java.lang:type=Memory/HeapMemoryUsage:used
https://localhost:8453/manager/jmxproxy?qry=java.lang:type=Memory/HeapMemoryUsage.used