tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aditi Sinha <adisinha0...@gmail.com>
Subject How to get heap dump of Tomcat running as windows service.
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 10:02:30 GMT
Hi,

We have web server hosted on Tomcat 7.0.22. Tomcat is running as windows
service.

When we try to get the heap  dump of Tomcat using the following command

*jmap -dump:format=b,file=heap.bin <pid>*

we get below error

*<pid>: Not enough storage is available to process this command.*

When Tomcat is started manually in console (using command “catalina.bat
start”), we are able to take the heap dump.

Is there any workaround which would allow to take heap dump when Tomcat
running as windows service?

Thanks & Regards,

Aditi