tomcat-users mailing list archives

From chris derham <ch...@derham.me.uk>
Subject Re: exploting tomcat vulnerability with example
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 11:49:10 GMT
On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Ragini <raginippatel@gmail.com> wrote:For
my research work I want to have different attacking scenarios which
exploits vulnerability of JAVA based applications. This java applications
can be just any web-application, desktopapplication or any other.For this,
I was thinking to exploit vulnerabilities of tomcat itself (because it is
in java). I went through different vulnerabilities of different versions of
tomcat on apache tomcat's official site. They have provided information
about what is the vulnerability and what is its consequences.

> But I am looking for some real time example by which I can exhibit the
> exploitation of tomcat’s vulnerability. The version of the tomcat can be
> just any. I would like to try vulnerabilities like authentication bypass,
> information disclosure or some other which really compromises the security.
>
> Could anybody please suggest some source where I can get step by step
> information about exploiting tomcat’s vulnerability with example ? It would
> be nice if the example web application used for exploitation is also in
> java.
>
> I would really appreciate your any kind of help regarding this.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Richa.

Have you tried webgoat?

Chris