tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Brett Delle Grazie <brett.dellegra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Setting JVM Parameters in Windows Service for Tomcat7
Date Thu, 20 Sep 2012 13:25:23 GMT
On 20 September 2012 13:53, Mikolaj Rydzewski <miki@ceti.pl> wrote:
> On 20.09.2012 14:49, Patrick Flaherty wrote:
>
>> I sent a question out a few days ago that I could *not* get the JVM
>> Parameters set via the command-line using //US//.
>>
>> Can you give me an example of the syntax that worked for you ? I'm
>> just looking to set the min/max heap sizes.
>

> http://commons.apache.org/daemon/procrun.html
>
> Syntax is not so easy to use.
> The easiest way is to use tomcatw.exe - unless you have to use CLI.

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/windows-service-howto.html

The default service name is 'Tomcat7' so presuming %CATALINA_HOME%
represents the tomcat home directory:
Note that for updating the service via command line you need to use
tomcat7.exe not tomcat7w.exe
so to increase your default heap size from 256 to 512 Mb you would use:
%CATALINA_HOME%/bin/tomcat.exe //US//Tomcat7 --JvmMx=512

> --
> Mikolaj Rydzewski <miki@ceti.pl>

Best Regards,

Brett Delle Grazie