tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sérgio Areias <juger.on.n...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Maven Plugin - Executable jar context loading and shutdown
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 14:14:20 GMT
On 4 September 2012 09:26, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:

> 2012/9/3 Sérgio Areias <juger.on.naut@gmail.com>:
> > Hi.

> >> file
> >> so.

> >> jar. I
> >> nope not supported.
> >>
> > Can you give me some pointers of where I should look at if I decide to
> > implement it? I could kill the process but that does not look a solution
> > but a workaround instead.

> >> It
> >> my
> >> here

> >> Do you have a sample project as I cannot reproduce.
> >> What is the content of .extract/webapps
> >>
> >> Did you try java- jar pathtoyourjar -resetExtract (or cleanup .extract
> >> directory before) ?
> >>

> > After taking a look to the plugin source code, I understood that I cannot
> > use "/" as context, and that is why I was having the context loaded twice
> > (ROOT and .war). Is it supported by the plugin to have a webapp running
> > with no context when trying to have an executable jar? I ask this question
> > because when I try to use ROOT (<path>/ROOT</path>), I do not have the
"/"
> > context but "/ROOT" instead.
> > (Also after studying the lines 264-272 from
> > http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/maven-plugin/trunk/tomcat7-maven-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/tomcat/maven/plugin/tomcat7/run/AbstractExecWarMojo.java?view=markup
> >  )
>
> Did you simply try: <path></path>
> :-)

I have tried now, and the context was set to the artifact id. I also
took a look to the source code and I think that it is the expected
behaviour (defaultValue = "${project.artifactId}").

Well, after a few more tests I found new info about my problem.
I was trying to use my server.xml file, when I remove it everything
works fine (except one thing but I will address it later on this
mail), even with "/" as context (does not seem valid following line
107 of the AbstractExecWarMojo class but it is working). When I try to
use the server.xml it loads the context twice. Why that happens, I do
not know yet.

I really do not need my custom server.xml, but when I do not use it
the configuration <port>50001</port> in my pom.xml is not reflected
when I try to run the jar. It runs always in the port 8080 without my
server.xml.

NOTE: I have attached my server.xml.

Thanks for your attention and sorry for the taken time.
Best regards,
Sérgio Areias