tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex Samad - Yieldbroker <Alex.Sa...@yieldbroker.com>
Subject IIS 7.5 + AJP Connector
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2012 05:28:06 GMT
Hi

I was wondering if anyone has seen this problem or whether they know a fix.
So environment

2 x W2k8r2 NLB IIS servers
IIS 7.5 + AJP (1.2.36) connected to 2 x 2 Jboss Server.. (2 cluster of 2 environments)

I have a separate worker pool setup for each environment (2 vhost each with their own ajpconnector
and config directory)
Say

Prd
Uat

Previously we had the worker poll process limit set to 2 and allowed over lapping recycles.

We ran some tests where we created 1000 connections from a test machine to IIS connecting
on urls that were being services by the AJP connector (say /ajp/ )

The LB ajp workers were setup for 1000 connection on each worker to each jboss node.

What we saw was an issue, connections were getting stuck. These test connections use keep
alive, so not a simple open close request!

What we say was 2 windows processes get started and we watched the number of threads being
created ... This seemed to be limited to 264 sometimes it would hit 265...  and thus out testing
would fail as 2 x 265 would only give us 530 connections.

So out simple solution is to bump up the number of worker processes, but I am trying to find
what is imposing the 265 thread limit !

Thanks
Alex